World History Homework Thirteen
Instructor: Andy Schlafly
Read the lecture.
Answer five of the following (seven for honors):
1. Explain the breaking up of the communist Soviet Union, including when, where, why, and who.
2. What is "Latin America"? Include some history from the 20th century in your answer.
3. Hong Kong is owned by China, but Hong Kong is not communist as China is. Why? Explain that history.
4. Discuss the European colonies in Africa, including some history about the nation of South Africa.
5. Explain anything about the history of the modern state of Israel.
6. Describe differences in the modern history of two or three nations in Eastern Europe, such as Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Romania, etc.
7. Is "independence" a theme of the 20th century? Explain your answer and your view.
8. Explain how abortion has been affected by changes in government in Poland, Romania, Russia and South Africa, in the late 20th century.
9. Write an essay about any aspect of this lecture.
10. Discuss the different approaches toward communism by Nixon (and Ford) compared with Reagan, and the relative success or failure of those policies.