World History Lecture Improvements
Some items to be sure to include:
- an example or two of Aesop's Fables
- more on the history of democracy
- more discussion of the origin of language
- the history of the English Bible, including discussion of King James I, with reference to Bible sales annually
- more detail about the Spanish Inquisition
- more detail about Galileo
- how virtually Christians agree on the contents of the New Testament, and on the Nicene Creed
- introduction to term list
- incorporate material from Essay:Conservativism, Christianity, and the Making of the Western World, focusing on the development of thought
- include references to history of mathematics and mathematicians 
- how different China and India are, but how together they have perhaps 8 times the population of the U.S.
- how the development of China and India's economies supposedly affected the value of commodities like oil.
More Current Events
- economy - outsourcing jobs
- economy - price of oil
More Bible history
- When the books were written (example of Esther)
- Dead Sea Scrolls
- Split of Israel due to its civil war (draw analogy to American Civil War)
- date of translations of Bible
More on Development of Ideas
- paucity of humor in ancient world
- concept of zero, and more mathematical history
- concept of invisible hand, and more economic history
- concept of democracy, and more political history
More on history of language
In 1611, the publication of the King James Bible had a powerful effect on the development of English. It established a framework of knowledge of the English language, and a basis for future development of words at a rate of about 1000 words per year (in modern times). See Essay:Best New Conservative Words.
English is unique among world languages in its ability to incorporate and adapt words from other tongues.
Kulturkampf, a word developed in 1879, means the conflict between civil government and religious authorities with respect to the appointment of church officials and education.
kremlinology, a word developed in 1958, was the study of the bizarre and byzantine practices of the communist Soviet government
The period of Modern English is from the 1500s to the present.