Writing Homework Three
Third Homework Instructor, Andy Schlafly
Part A: Read pp. 3-15 in "The Supremacists." Write no more than 4-5 sentences on (1) whether you saw any errors and (2) what you liked or what have written differently.
Part B: Write a total of at least 600 words on one or more of the following topics. You will receive a score each for (i) technical correctness and (ii) style/substance.
1. You should try homeschooling! (this essay topic will appear again)
2. There are 11 persons in a lifeboat that can hold only nine. What should the captain do, and why?
3. We can thank Christianity for democracy. Agree?
4. Nearby Communist Cuba is one of the poorest countries in the world, due to the brutal dictatorship of Fidel Castro. Should it be legal for Americans to do business with the Cuban people and their government?
These essay topics are inspired by this week's reading in "The Supremacists":
5. What is wrong with the concept of an "evolving" Constitution?
6. Congress and state legislatures should take away power from the court system.