In Ancient Rome, veterans were a keystone of the nascent political, quasi-feudal system: especially in the Roman Republic, a general would bind his soldiers to him by promises of land and the spoils of war, and rely upon them for political support later on. Pompey, for example, made efficient political use of his veterans.
All military servicemen make a vow: "I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic."
|“||To support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God.||”|
- "What Is A Veteran? A Veteran - whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve – is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to, and including his life.” That is honor. And there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!" -- Anonymous
- "For when we come home, either standing or dead, to know you remember we fought and we bled is payment enough, and with that we will trust. That we mattered to you as you mattered to us." -- Standing Guard by Michael Marks
- Hero: Gallery of American Heroes
- Memorial Day, Veterans Day, Remembrance Day
- Oath Keepers - Support and defend the unalienable rights of America
- U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs and Secretary of Veterans Affairs
- Oath for federal officials
- Oath for federal judges
- Iraq Veterans for Congress
- Second Amendment and Fourth Amendment
- Molon labe - Slogan for the Second Amendment unalienable rights movement - "Come and Take Them!"
- From my cold, dead hands
- Police states-Nanny states violate the United States Constitution-Bill of Rights (especially Second Amendment and Fourth Amendment) and Citizen's Unalienable rights by not upholding their oath to support and defend the Constitution.
- List of military strategies and concepts
- List of military terms
- VA Offers ‘Free Gun Locks’ in Exchange for Owners’ Info, Addresses & # of Guns Owned
- VA raises concerns about gun registry with offer of free gun locks
- Oath Keepers Official website
- Oath Keepers Google+ page
- Oath Keepers YouTube channel page
- Oath Keepers Facebook page
- Oath Keepers Twitter page
- VA.gov Offical Website