Conservapedia:Looming copyright problems
Conservapedia currently does not require documentation of licensing on the images that are uploaded. This potentialy opens itself up to a significant copyright nightmare.
With uploading of images, if these images are likewise licensed under Conservapedia:Copyright there may be conflicts of licensing (such as that from a microstock site). Additionally there is lack of attribution to the artist and no indication of the copyright of the image.
Examples of potential problems:
- Image:Washington-rain-forest.png shows up in a search at http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=washington+rain+forest&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2 -- someone else owns the copyright to this image. Not sure who, but its likely not the uploader.
- Image:Koala-cub.jpg is from http://www3.nationalgeographic.com/animals/wallpaper/koala-cub.html which is certainly a registered copyright.
- Image:Grapes.jpg is from http://norman.walsh.name/2000/09/images/grapes.html and Copyright © 2003–2007 Norman Walsh. This image is licensed under a Creative Commons license which requires attribution (in conflict with Conservapedia:Copyright item #1 - "Conservapedia grants a non-exclusive license to you to use any of the content on this site with or without attribution.")
- Copyright notice added to image. Issue resolved.--Aschlafly 21:33, 19 April 2007 (EDT)
- Image:Jrogh.jpg is licensed under the GFDL. Under section 5, this may only be combined with other material that is also under the GFDL.
- Image, which was inappropriate and unnecessary anyway, has been deleted. Issue resolved.--Aschlafly 21:33, 19 April 2007 (EDT)
they should seriosly add copyright on the image uplaoad