- Many religious groups, trade groups, people from all classes, supported the Nazi's in the beginning, including some of my own relations. That did not save them from the ovens, however, in the end. Next to the Jews, I believe Catholics were the largest religious group to be gassed. If not, they certainly were up there in the numbers. As someone once wrote:
"The point is not whether they were "Christian" or were "supported by Catholics". Conservatives simply don't support mass murder.
The One we trust to terminate a life is God, the Giver of life.Liberals can support Hitler (or compare people they hate to Hitler) all they want. It does not alter the facts."
- Amen. RobS 12:44, 26 May 2007 (EDT)
- "Next to the Jews, I believe Catholics were the largest religious group to be gassed" HAHA. Wrong. More Christians were killed by the Nazis than the Jews during the Holocaust according to Max I. Dimont's Jews God and History, a quality book I might add. He gives 1.4 Christians per every Jew killed.Богдан Talk 12:51, 26 May 2007 (EDT)
- "If not, they certainly were up there in the numbers." That is being "wrong"? Muhahaha! --Sysop-TK /MyTalk 22:28, 26 May 2007 (EDT)
- This article does not address the basic issue of what separates democide from genocide and who coined the term.--Elamdri 01:11, 15 June 2007 (EDT)
Uhm, what exactly is the ideology of atheism under which people would commit democide? WillM 13:35, 8 September 2007 (EDT)
- Never mind, read wrong :) WillM 13:48, 8 September 2007 (EDT)
For fixing the Pinochet part. As we discussed, although he was certainly a brute, we just cannot define what he did, strictly speaking, as Democide as he was the law, not acting outside it. One the other hand, since none of us has likely lived under the political conditions that caused him to act as he did, sitting in judgment from our cozy and free living rooms, and calling it Democide is rather elitist in a liberal way. --ṬK/Admin/Talk 04:09, 13 January 2010 (EST)
- Well, my point was not that he was the law (so was Hitler), but that his actions were against rebels attempting to wage a guerilla war in his country. But that doesn't matter - what matters is that we reached a compromise! JacobB 04:11, 13 January 2010 (EST)