USS Adelphi (T-AG-181)
Adelphi Victory was the name of a ship laid down under a Maritime Commission contract (MCV hull 760) on 22 April 1945 at Richmond, California, by the Permanente Metals Corp.; launched on 2 June 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Harold Stassen, the wife of a former governor of Minnesota; and delivered to Marine Transportation Lines on 27 June 1945—was among the 12 "Victory" ships earmarked for transfer from the Maritime Administration to the Military Sea Transportation Service during the early stages of the Vietnam War to augment the Army's forward floating depot program.
Although assigned the name Adelphi and designated T-AG-181 on 1 February 1966, the ship never saw naval service due to the cancellation of the program. Instead, she operated under commercial charter carrying supplies to Vietnam under her original name, Adelphi Victory. As of 1 July 1984, Adelphi Victory lay in the Suisun Bay, Calif., berthing area of the National Defense Reserve Fleet.