USS Acoma (YTB-701)
Acoma (YTB-701) was laid down on 2 July 1945 at San Pedro, California, by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 30 August 1945, delivered to the Navy on 12 March 1946; and placed in the San Diego Group of the Pacific Reserve Fleet. However, the tug was activated in August 1946 for duty in the list Naval District. That assignment has kept her busy since then. In February 1962, Acoma was reclassified a medium harbor tug and was redesignated YTM-701.
She concluded almost 40 years of service in December of 1985 when she was placed out of service. Her name was struck from the Navy list at the same time, and she was subsequently transferred to some unspecified other agency.
- Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships