Ahmed Rajib Haider
Ahmed Rajib Haider (Bengali:আহমেদ রাজীব হায়দার) was most known for writing an atheist blog under the pseudonym Thaba Baba. He was macheted to death on February 15, 2013 Jamaat-e-Islami Islamists; his family and friends could not confirm immediately if the remains were him. As a vocal supporter of the Shahbag movement, specifically in support of putting war criminals of the Jamaat-e-Islami party on trial, his political actions triggered counter-protests from the newly formed Hefajat-e-Islam Bangladesh party; the Hefajat-e-Islam Bangladesh calls for Sharia law and threatened violence if Bangladesh were to reinstate a secular constitution.
- "Shahbagh Blogger murdered", 16 February 2013. Retrieved on 27 March 2017.
- Geeta Anand; Julfikar Ali Manik (June 8, 2016), "Bangladesh Says It Now Knows Who’s Killing the Bloggers", The New York Times, https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/09/world/asia/bangladesh-killings-bloggers.html?_r=0
- "Hardline Muslims rally in Bangladesh amid shutdown", 6 April 2013.
- Farid Ahmed. "Bangladesh Islamists rally for blasphemy law", CNN, 8 April 2013.
- Bangladesh struck by wave of atheist blogger murders, France 24 News, 1/04/2015 / BANGLADESH