Central European University
Central European University (CEU) is a university located in Budapest, Hungary, which was founded in 1991 by George Soros. It describes itself as utilizing the globalized and diverse culture of its region to provide education in social science, humanities, and law. It has been accredited in the United States as well as Hungary.
Conservative Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán strongly opposed the university, stating that it was cheating students and breaking rules by awarding both a Hungarian and an American diploma, despite the university having no U.S. presence. He also opposed George Soros due to his efforts by supporting the massive immigration from Muslim nations into Europe. On April 10, 2017, Hungary enacted a law tightening its standards for universities and thus threatening CEU's existence.
- Soros Gives $250 Million To University In Europe
- Soros-Backed University Is ‘Cheating’, Says Hungarian PM. Breitbart News. March 31, 2017. Retrieved April 12, 2017.
- Hungary: Parliament to Fast-Track Bill Targeting Soros University. Breitbart News. April 3, 2017. Retrieved April 12, 2017.
- Hungary President Signs Law Threatening Soros University. Breitbart News. April 11, 2017. Retrieved April 12, 2017.
- Sandford, Alasdair (April 10, 2017). Hungary Defies Protests to Pass into Law 'Anti-Soros' University Bill. Euronews. Retrieved April 12, 2017.