Complete Lives System
The Complete Lives System is a system of rationing within the 2009 Obamacare law, also known as The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
According to the system's creator, Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, the Complete Lives System prioritizes younger people who have "not yet lived a complete life" over the elderly who have completely lived their lives.
Critics of the Complete Lives System call the care curve a grim "Reaper Curve".
- ↑ URIBE: The coming Obamacare rationing, Washington Times
- ↑ Principles for allocation of scarce medical interventions, Quote: "We recommend an alternative system - the complete lives system - which prioritises younger people who have not yet lived a complete life, and also incorporates prognosis, save the most lives, lottery, and instrumental value principles."
- ↑ Ezekiel Emanuel Gleefully Predicts the Death of Private Health Insurance Companies
- ↑ Obama Health Law: What It Says and How to Overturn It, Betsy McCaughey
- ↑ Congressional Record, December 18th, 2009
- ↑ Obamacare's most harmful secret is the grim "Reaper Curve" allocation system