David French is a staff writer for the National Review. He is an attorney and a veteran of Operation Iraq Freedom. He is the author of Rise of ISIS: A Threat We Can’t Ignore, a New York Times No. 1 best-seller. He is a graduate of Harvard Law School.
French declined to enter the 2016 presidential race, much to the disappointment of neocon guru William Kristol. French has attacked consistent conservatives, including Steve Bannon and Franklin Graham. He supports "Red Flag" gun control laws, which prohibit individuals from owning guns without any criminal conviction or due process.
- David French, National Review
- Why I’m Not Running for President, "After days of prayer, reflection, and serious study of the possibilities, I am not going to run as an independent candidate for president of the United States."
- "#NeverTrump Officially Becomes a Bad Joke," "“In era of Trump, what is a Republican? A defender of constitutionalism? Rule of law? Limited government? Defense of liberty? Sound finances?” a confused and disillusioned Kristol tweeted on Monday morning."
- Nolte, John (April 26, 2019). Nolte: National Review Condemns Franklin Graham as a Bad Christian. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 26, 2019.
- Hawkins, Awr (July 27, 2019). AZ Gov. Relies on Never Trumper David French to Justify Gun Control Push. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 27, 2019.