Devolved matters

From Conservapedia
Jump to: navigation, search
It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Devolution. (Discuss)

Devolved and reserved matters in Scotland are handled by the Scottish and UK parliaments, respectively.[1]

The UK parliament handles large issues affecting all countries of the United Kingdom, while "devolved" matters are handled by the Scottish Parliament. In the US, we might say these were "delegated" by senior authority to the subordinate legislature.