Enumclaw horse sex case
The Enumclaw horse sex case was a 2005 incident in which Kenneth Pinyan, who was an American Boeing engineer residing in Gig Harbor, Washington, died from injuries received during receptive rectal sex with a stallion at a farm near the city of Enumclaw, Washington. Pinyan also distributed bestiality porn under the alias Mr. Hands.
The Associated Press reported that the farm where the event occurred attracted "a significant number of people" who wanted to engage in bestiality and the Seattle Times published a number of articles on the Enumclaw horse sex case.
In 2007, a documentary of the life and death of Kenneth Pinyan (as well as the life led by those who came to the farm near Enumclaw, Washington) was featured at the Sundance Film Festival under the title Zoo. It was one of 16 winners out of 856 film candidates for the festival, and it played at numerous regional festivals in the United States subsequently. In addition, it was also selected as one of the top five American films to be presented at the Directors Fortnight sidebar at the 2007 Cannes Film Festival.
2005 horse bestiality stories apparently most popular articles in history of Seattle Times
See also: Washington state and bestiality
In 2005, columnist Danny Westneat reported in the Seattle Times:
|“|| Which brings me back to sex with horses. The story last summer about the man who died from a perforated colon while having sex with a horse in Enumclaw was by far the year's most read article.
What's more, four more of the year's 20 most clicked-upon local news stories were about the same horse-sex incident. We don't publish our Web-traffic numbers, but take it from me — the total readership on these stories was huge.
So much so, a case can be made that the articles on horse sex are the most widely read material this paper has published in its 109-year history.
I don't know whether to ignore this alarming factoid or to embrace it.
Data on the religiousness/irreligiousness of Washington plus political makeup
In areas of the Western World where there is a significant amount of atheists and evolutionary belief, there have been notable problems related to bestiality (see: Bestiality and various geographic areas and Atheism and bestiality and Evolutionary belief and bestiality and Bestiality and secular Europe).
See also: Atheism and bestiality
Most atheists lean to the left politically (see: Atheism and politics and Secular left).A 2011 study reported by CNN indicated that Washington state was a politically liberal state (see: Liberalism and bestiality).
- [Skager, Shawn (July 12, 2006). "Film to focus on aftermath of Enumclaw incident". Enumclaw Courier-Herald.
- Horse Riding Mr Hands, Washington
- Messer, Lesley (July 18, 2005). "When a Man Dies in a Sex Act with a Horse -- What's a Reporter to Do?". Editor & Publisher.
- Westneat, Danny (December 3, 2006). "New movie is the spawn of horse sex". The Seattle Times.
- Zoo, which opens today in NY and LA, has just been selected as one of the features of the prestigious Directors Fortnight sidebar at this year's Cannes Film Festival". Zoo: Inside the Controversial Documentary about Bestiality
- Eugene Hernandez, "'07:Set for 49th Directors' Fortnight", IndieWIRE, May 3, 2007.
- Horse sex story was online hit by Danny Westneat, Seattle Times - December 30, 2005
- Percentage Of Atheists In America By State. Worldatlas.com
- 2011 Political map - CNN