Genetics is a subfield of biology concerned with the diversity, replication, mutation, and translation of genes.
History of Genetics
Terms used in genetics
- DNA - Double stranded helical organic molecule composed of nucleic acids, sugars, and phosphate groups.
- RNA - Single stranded organic molecule composed of nucleic acids, sugars, and phosphate groups.
- chromosome- Condensed DNA and proteins.
- allele- Differences in genotype among individuals for a single gene.
- gene- Regions of DNA that are transcribed to RNA.