|A view of the interface (click to see details)|
|OS||Linux, Windows (7/8/10)|
HexCHat is a program which enables users to communicate easily using Internet Relay Chat. This software has nothing to do with hexes, but is simply a spill-off from the original software, Xchat. The project was indented by the developers to merge XChat-WDK with XChat. However, due to complications, HexChat became its own project, independent of XChat.
HexChat is rich with features. These include:
- custom themes
- Python/Perl scripts
- Auto-connect to selected servers
- Auto-join selected channels
- Automatic text-replace
- Customizatable keyboard shortcuts
- URL grabbing
- Friend and ignore user lists
- Audio and visual alerts for preselected trigger words in chat
- color coded chat screens
- Various fonts and text effects
As well as support for all basic IRC functionality.