Juan Guaidó is the accepted socialist president of Venezuela (de jure). Heading into May Day, he called for massive protests in the streets which turned into what may day protests always turn into – socialist violence and molotov cocktail throwing.
- Maduro Regime, American Left Ignore Socialist Pedigree of Venezuela’s New President
- Newman, Alex (February 7, 2019). Venezuela: Replacing Brutal Socialist With More Socialism? The New American. Retrieved February 7, 2019.
- Martel, Frances (September 12, 2019). Martel: In Venezuela, John Bolton Bet on Socialists and Lost. Breitbart News. Retrieved September 12, 2019.
- May Day rallies descend into violent clashes with police in Paris as demonstrations are held around the world
- In Venezuela, clashes continue as protesters for and against Maduro fill the streets
- Venezuela’s Opposition Divided on Trusting Socialist President Juan Guaidó