Katherine Anne Couric was born on January 7, 1957, in Arlington, Virginia. Couric was an unsuccessful liberal anchor of the CBS Evening News, and as a result of her slanted reporting and poor viewership, her departure from the show was announced in April 2011. During her time as sole anchor, the CBS Evening News ratings plummeted, placing the network dead last among their competitors. Liberals hoped that Katie Couric's simple-minded hostility to conservatives would play well on the Evening News, but perhaps the fleeing viewers did not like being talked down to by such a lightweight. Bob Schieffer, who preceded Katie, had improved the ratings with his more intelligent approach to evening news.
Interview of Sarah Palin in 2008
Katie Couric became a hero to liberals when she repeatedly demanded to know what Sarah Palin reads:
|“||The interview, which some have argued lost Palin and former presidential candidate John McCain the election, involved Couric repeatedly asking the 'Going Rogue' author what she read.||”|
Liberals then ridiculed Palin for not identifying any newspapers that she reads, as though any liberal newspapers are worth reading.
Couric graduated from the University of Virginia in 1979 with a degree in English.
- 1979 Desk assistant at ABC News in Washington, D.C.
- 1980 Assignment editor at CNN. Couric later became an associate producer and producer of a news and information program.
- 1984 Reporter handling general assignments for WTVJ in Miami.
- 1987-1989 NBC Reporter at WRC-TV in Washington, D.C. During that time, she won an Emmy and an Associated Press Award.
- 1989 Pentagon correspondent for NBC News.
- 1990 National correspondent for Today.
- 1991-2006 Permanent cohost for Today.
- 1992 Contributing anchor for Dateline NBC.
- 2006 Anchor and managing editor of the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric, 60 Minutes correspondent and anchors CBS News primetime specials.
Couric has a history of favoring Democratic individuals:
- Couric Injects Silly Girl Talk in '60 Minutes' Interview with Clinton, Brent Baker, NewsBusters, February 11, 2008
- CBS's Couric Lauds John Edwards Liberal-Themed Campaign, Rich Noyes, NewsBusters, January 30, 2008
- Couric Encourages 'Humanized' Clinton to 'Reveal More of Yourself', Brent Baker, NewsBusters, January 10, 2008
Couric has a history of negative reporting on Republican / Conservative individuals and issues:
- CBS Incessantly Applies 'Conservative' Label: 44 Times in Two Hours, Brent Baker, NewsBusters, February 6, 2008
- Couric Pushes GOP Candidates, Not Dems, to Denounce Each Other, Brent Baker, NewsBusters, February 5, 2008
- CBS and ABC Falsely Describe Medicare Spending Hike as a Cut, Brent Baker, NewsBusters, February 4, 2008
- 'Evening News' Plays up Recessionary-Caused Unemployment, Jeff Poor, NewsBusters, January 24, 2008
- Couric Praises Media for Predicting Recession, Nathan Burchfiel, NewsBusters, January 23, 2008
- Couric Channeled Hillary But Challenges Romney to Denounce Giuliani's 'Character', Brent Baker, NewsBusters, December 11, 2007
Interview distortion with gun rights group
Couric manipulated a recorded conversation (for a 2016 documentary) with a gun rights organization to make them appear they were stumped when asked a difficult question, when in fact, according to their own recording of the interview, they clearly answered the question.
- https://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/07/06/eveningnews/bios/main1781520.shtml Katie Couric, Anchor, Managing Editor of CBS Evening News; Correspondent, 60 Minutes - CBS News
- http://www.askmen.com/women/models_300/304c_katie_couric.html AskMen.com - Katie Couric pics - Biography
- Ratings Raise TV News Sexism Questions, David Bauder, June 3, 2007.
- Katie Couric, One Year Later: Different Network, Same Old Liberal Skew, Rich Noyes, NewsBusters, September 4, 2007.
- Hawkins, Awr (June 7, 2017). Katie Couric Beats Defamation Lawsuit over ‘Edited’ Gun Control Documentary. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 7, 2017.