As a result of this definition:
- Diagonals are perpendicular
- Opposite angles enclosed by two unequal adjacent sides are equal
- Area = half the product of the diagonals
A kite in which all four sides are equal is called a rhombus.
- A kite can also refer to a toy which is attached to a thin line and carried up into the air by wind.
- There seems to be some debate about whether or not this is a bona fide sub-classification of quadrilaterals, and if so, how it should be defined. See: http://www.mathopenref.com/kite.html