|72nd Mayor of Detroit|
From: January 1, 2002 – September 18, 2008
|Successor||Kenneth Cockrel Jr.|
|Michigan House of Representatives, 9th district|
From: January 1, 1997 – January 1, 2002
|Predecessor||Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick|
|Successor||Fred Durhal Jr.|
|Spouse(s)||Carlita Kilpatrick (div. 2018)|
Kwame Malik Kilpatrick (born June 8, 1970) is a Democrat who was a former mayor of Detroit, serving from January 1, 2002 to September 18, 2008.
Kilpatrick-Beatty texting scandal
Kilpatrick's tenure as mayor was plagued with scandals, such as the infamous texting scandal. He resigned and received four months of reduced charges due to ten felony counts, including perjury and obstruction of justice, but was released after 99 days for good behavior.
Kilpatrick was a member of the gun-grabbing liberal organization Mayors Against Illegal Guns.
- ↑ Ex-Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick wants Trump to spring him from prison
- ↑ Kwame Kilpatrick’s Scandalous Text Messages Revealed (Warning: Text message transcript within article contains extremely foul language)
- ↑ Detroit mayor Kilpatrick resigns
- ↑ Kilpatrick To Be Released August 2nd
- ↑ Kwame Kilpatrick | Gun Owners Against Illegal Mayors