|U.S. Representative from New York's 1st Congressional District|
From: January 3, 2015 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|Former State Senator from New York's 3rd District|
From: January 1, 2011 – December 31, 2014
|Predecessor||Brian X. Foley|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Service Years|| 2003 – present|
|Rank|| Lieutenant Colonel|
Lee Michael Zeldin (born January 30, 1980, age 43) is an American attorney, veteran, and conservative Republican currently serving as the U.S. representative from New York's 1st district. He was previously the state senator from New York's 3rd upper legislative district from 2011 to 2014. Zeldin is running for governor of New York in 2022 to succeed totalitarian fascist Democrat Kathy Hochul.
His campaign in 2022 for governor of New York has focused on the crime problem caused by Dems.
U.S. House of Representatives
Zeldin was the strongest and most outspoken opponent of the impeachment coup against Donald Trump, asserting that it will rip “the country in half." He later voted along with his House Republican colleagues against the sham impeachment articles.
2022 Gubernatorial campaign
Zeldin won Republican gubernatorial primary to face incumbent corrupt Governor Kathy Hochul. In 21 July was attacked after Hochul sharing inciteful ad against Zeldin and calling him "dangerous" and "far right."
Zeldin, who is a lieutenant colonel in the Army Reserve who served in Iraq, previously said he supports his alleged attacker’s release pending trial. Stating:
When our veterans seek treatment, it’s easy to pinpoint their physical wounds, but often times their invisible wounds go unnoticed and untreated. Unfortunately, it’s now clear that Mr. Jakubonis is one of the many veterans battling invisible demons, but, fortunately for Mr. Jakubonis, he is now getting the help he needs.
In Sep 2022, after weeks of ducking, getting called “Scaredy Kat” and even having her face photoshopped onto a giant chicken, Gov. Kathy Hochul finally agreed to debate GOP rival Lee Zeldin – but just once!
An Oct/2022 poll, showed Zeldin ahead of Hochul.2022 midterm elections, losing to Dems. Hochul, Zeldin did perform very well in the traditionally blue state NY (pundits attribute much of it for his focus on crime), encouraging the GOP:
The GOP looks set to make major gains in the State Legislature, ending the Democratic supermajorities in both houses in Albany, and may flip enough congressional seats in New York alone to retake the majority, especially since a special master, and not the state Democrats, drew the redistricting lines... The reasons, strategists on both sides of the aisle say, are manifold. For one thing, New York has a large population of Orthodox Jewish voters.Pundit:
Lee Zeldin probably helped save the House (hopefully at the time of posting it) by bringing four new Republican congressmen-elect across the finish line.
- Religious affiliation of members of 116th Congress
- New York Election Results 2014
- Lee Zeldin: Impeachment Inquiry Will Rip the ‘Country in Half’
- H Res 755 - Impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors - National Key Vote
- New York Gov. Kathy Hochul Directed Supporters to Zeldin Campaign Event Hours Before Failed Attack
- Zeldin attacked during upstate campaign stop for governor, Politico, Jul 22, 2022.
Lee Zeldin, the Republican candidate for New York governor, was attacked on Thursday, July 21, 2022 by man with knife at an upstate event.
- Lee Zeldin Attacked On Stage During Campaign Event, The New York Times, Jul 21, 2022.
Representative Lee Zeldin was addressing supporters in western New York when he was confronted by a man with a pointed weapon.
- Suspect in attack on GOP nominee for N.Y. governor faces federal charges, The Washington Post, July 24, 2022.
- Ben Feuerherd, Army vet David Jakubonis, charged in Lee Zeldin attack, sprung from jail pending trial, The NYPost, October 24, 2022.
- Gov. Kathy Hochul agreed to debate GOP rival Lee Zeldin – but just once!, NYPost, Sep 21, 2022.
- Poll: Republican Lee Zeldin Closing in on Kathy Hochul in Final Stretch of NY Governor’s Race, Breitbart, Oct 6, 2022
- Alexandra Hutzler and Chris Boccia, Deep-blue New York has Democrats on defense this midterm cycle, ABC News, Oct 30, 2022.
Prominent party leaders are flocking to the state to stump for their candidates.
As Democrats seek to hold onto their slim majority in Congress, one traditionally blue haven for the party has turned more competitive than expected: New York. Prominent figures on both sides are flocking to the state as several races, especially those for governor and Congress, have tightened in the final stretch. President Joe Biden this week made a trip to Syracuse, and first lady Jill Biden will stump for Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney and other Democratic candidates on Sunday.Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis was on Long Island Saturday to stump for Republican gubernatorial nominee Lee Zeldin as polls show a tightening in the contest between Zeldin and incumbent Gov. Kathy Hochul.
- Breitbart News @BreitbartNews (Nov 1, 2022):
A coalition of mainly Latino supermarket owners in New York City are reportedly showing support for Republican gubernatorial candidate Lee Zeldin after having endured rampant shoplifting.
- David Feedlander, How Zeldin’s Loss Is Making New York’s Republican Party Ambitious Again, NYMag, Nov 10, 2022.
...after focusing relentlessly on crime, Zeldin took advantage of a Hochul campaign that didn’t realize exactly how tight of a race it had on its hands until an internal poll showed her under 50 percent and the Republican within four points with just three weeks to go.
And now New York Republicans say they see a path forward to end their long years in the wilderness...
As results come in, New York appears to be an outlier, one of the few places where Republicans performed better than they did in 2020. The GOP looks set to make major gains in the State Legislature, ending the Democratic supermajorities in both houses in Albany, and may flip enough congressional seats in New York alone to retake the majority, especially since a special master, and not the state Democrats, drew the redistricting lines...The reasons, strategists on both sides of the aisle say, are manifold. For one thing, New York has a large population of Orthodox Jewish voters. Those voters swung hard against Democrats over issues like Israel and religious education, which may have contributed to the surprising loss of Sean Patrick Maloney, the head of the Democratic Campaign Congressional Committee, in a seat just north of New York City, and to the defeat of Democratic state legislators in the same area.
- Jim Hoft, Good News. Lee Zeldin Is Taking Calls About Replacing Hapless Ronna McDaniel After She Blew Two Landslide Elections, Gateway pundit, Nov 14, 2022.
- Lee Zeldin on the Issues
- Reps. Peter King, Lee Zeldin endorse Donald Trump for president