The Overton window is a concept in political theory which takes in the possibilities for change that are realistic in the current environment.
There are 5 steps:
- From Unthinkable to Radical.
- From Radical to Acceptable.
- From Acceptable to Sensible.
- From Sensible to Popular.
- From Popular to Policy.
- What is an Overton Window and Why is it Important?. Prepared Christian (September 26, 2012).
- Jumping Through The Overton Window. The American Conservative (February 19, 2014).
- Barack Obama Climbs through the Overton Window. American Thinker.