|Pale Moon version 26.0.0 on Windows 7|
|OS||Windows, GNU/Linux, Android|
Pale Moon is a free, open-source fork of Mozilla Firefox. It uses its own browser engine, Goanna, which is a fork of Mozilla's Gecko engine. It is optimized to run especially well with Intel Atom processors, which are typically found in lower-end devices.https://www.ghacks.net/2014/01/28/pale-moon-24-3-introduces-intel-atom-optimized-builds/ It is sometimes used as an alternative to Mozilla Firefox because of preference, or political or religion-based boycott of Firefox.
- Windows Vista/Windows 7/8/10/Server 2008 or later
- A processor with SSE2 support
- 256 MB of free RAM (512 MB or more recommended)
- At least 150 MB of free (uncompressed) disk space
- Other open-source forks of Firefox include Comodo IceDragon and Waterfox (Waterfox has 4 million downloads, but is now owned by a marketing firm).