|!||This article has an inadequate number of citations.
You are encouraged to add sources for verifiability, but please abide by The Conservapedia Commandments & Style Guide.
"On being brought from Africa to America"
- Twas mercy brought me from my Pagan land,
- Taught my benighted soul to understand
- That there's a God, that there's a Saviour too:
- Once I redemption neither sought nor knew.
- Some view our sable race with scornful eye,
- "Their colour is a diabolic dye."
- Remember, Christians, Negroes, black as Cain,
- May be refin'd, and join th' angelic train.