Sebastian Gorka (born October 22, 1970) is a conservative foreign policy and terrorism expert. He served as a member of the national security advisory staff and as a deputy assistant to U.S. President Donald Trump in his administration, and he served as a national security editor at Breitbart News Network prior to that. Gorka is Hungarian, was born in the United Kingdom, and is a naturalized American citizen. He also served as an advisor to conservative Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán.
During his tenure in the Trump Administration, Gorka frequently went on various television shows to give a strong defense of the Trump Administration. He resigned on August 25, 2017, citing in a strongly-worded resignation letter that he believed the Trump Administration had strayed too far from its conservative, America First agenda. With his resignation, the White House was nearly devoid of hardline critics of Islam. President Trump later told Gorka that he was committed to his agenda.
The left has unsuccessfully and without evidence tried to paint Gorka as a "racist," "Nazi," or "anti-Semite," and failing that, they have attempted to attack his credentials as a counterterrorism expert.
Despite his conservative positions, Gorka has occasionally taken more liberal positions on certain issues, such as supporting military intervention in Syria purely for moralistic reasons, using emotionalistic arguments, and doing so regardless of the financial cost and interests of the U.S.
- ↑ Multiple references:
- Lee, Tony (July 13, 2017). Report: Gorka Becoming Trump’s Favorite TV Defender. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- Bowden, John (July 15, 2017). Sebastian Gorka casts himself as Trump’s ‘pitbull’. The Hill. Retrieved July 15, 2017.
- ↑ Multiple references:
- Kew, Ben (August 25, 2017). Sebastian Gorka Resigns from Trump Administration. Breitbart News. Retrieved August 25, 2017.
- Trump aide Sebastian Gorka resigns White House post. Fox News. August 25, 2017. Retrieved August 25, 2017.
- Hemingway, Mollie (August 25, 2017). Breaking: Sebastian Gorka Resigns From Trump Administration. The Federalist. Retrieved August 25, 2017.
- Giaritelli, Anna (August 25, 2017). Sebastian Gorka quits White House, slams Trump in resignation letter. Washington Examiner. Retrieved August 25, 2017.
- Kew, Ben (August 28, 2017). In Full: Dr. Sebastian Gorka’s Explosive White House Resignation Letter. Breitbart News. Retrieved August 28, 2017.
- ↑ Scarborough, Rowan (August 27, 2017). With Gorka out, White House is nearly cleansed of hard-liners against Islam. The Washington Times. Retrieved August 28, 2017.
- ↑ Gorka questions loyalty in West Wing, says Trump assured him he's 'sticking to' agenda. Fox News. August 29, 2017. Retrieved August 29, 2017.
- ↑ Pollak, Joel B. (April 29, 2017). BuzzFeed Scoop: Sebastian Gorka Not a Nazi or Anti-Semite. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 29, 2017.
- ↑ Pollak, Joel B. (May 7, 2017). Gorka Smites Haters, Radical Islamists in Jerusalem Post Speech. Breitbart News. Retrieved May 7, 2017.
- ↑ Pollak, Joel B. (August 11, 2017). Rolling Stone Collects Every Lie About Sebastian Gorka in One Place. Breitbart News. Retrieved August 11, 2017.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Rubin, Michael (August 27, 2017). The political lynching of Sebastian Gorka. Washington Examiner. Retrieved August 27, 2017.
- ↑ What does the US accomplish by striking Syria?. Fox News Video. April 13, 2018. Retrieved April 21, 2018.