754 bytes added
20:10, 30 May 2008
', which means "whom [[Jehovah]] helps," has numerous meanings in the [[Old Testament]], including many priests
[[Levites]] mentioned. Some
the specific examples are:
* the son of Ethan in the [[Judah (tribe)|Judah]] tribe
* the son of Johanan, who was a high priest during the reign of [[Abijah]] and [[Asa]]
* the son of Ahimaaz, the high priest who succeeded his grandfather Zadok in the days of [[Solomon]] and officiated over the consecration of the temple
* a high priest in the reign of [[Uzziah]], who was the king of Judah
* a high priest during the time of [[Hezekiah]]
* the name originally given to [[Abednego]]
* a prophet who was the son of [[Oded]] during the time of Asa, and who led a national reformation.
== See also ==
* [[Azaria Chamberlain]]
Retrieved from "