Rev. Sun Myung Moon (Feb. 25, 1920 - Sep. 2, 2012, Korea) was the founder of the Unification Church. Rev. Moon's main goal, throughout his life, had been to comfort the "grieving heart" (Gen. 6:6) of our heavenly Father. He said that at the age of 15, Jesus visited him and asked him to continue the work He had started 2000 years earlier, to establish the "kingdom of God on earth".
Rev. Moon was known in the media and political world as the founder of the Washington Times.
Teachings on morality
The reason Rev. Moon was against homosexuality was not so much that "God has forbidden it" but that it's a lifestyle that makes you miserable. The Bible says "Outside the city are the fornicators" not because some angel stands by the gate like a bouncer, but because fornication pulls us away from God.
Contrary to rumors spread by opponents, Rev. Moon had no plans to establish a theocracy; that would violate human free will.
- Dr. Sang Hun Lee wrote, "Rev. Moon does not intend at all to propagate this thought in an absolutist or dogmatic way. He intends it to be popularized by obtaining the approval of many people after letting it undergo the research and critique of many thinkers and scholars, as many of the past scholarly works did." 
During a sermon, Rev. Moon asked any Jews present to raise their hands. When they did, he told them to repent for killing Jesus and claimed that it was as an "indemnity" for this that 6 million Jews were murdered during the Holocaust. During a visit to the United States, he engaged in a controversial ceremony in which a Congressman crowned him.
Where does Father come from? In his childhood, he lived deep in the North Korean countryside, in a mountain valley, a place called Chung Ju. He was a small king; he went all over the valley catching every kind of animal. He really explored the area. There is no fish he didn't know. His radius was a ten-mile area, a big territory for a child. If he didn't know everything about the area-who was living there and what they were doing-he couldn't sleep. Every morning he would go out and explore some more. That is the kind of personality he has. When there was a bully who gave a hard time to the other children, even though Father was very small, he fought against him and protected the smaller children. - Rev. Sun Myung Moon, In Yun and Encounter 
... the pain of seeing his parents grieve for their children, underscored for the young Sun myung Moon what was later to become his core teaching: that of God as the grieving parent of a lost mankind. God, too, has lost his sons and daughters. 
- Unification Church website Official biography
- The Holy Scripture speaks about the Church as a Kingdom of God in a number of places: Matthew 3:2, Matthew 4:17, Matthew 6:10, Matthew 6:33, Matthew 9:35, Matthew 18:3, Mark 10:14-15, Luke 12:32, Luke 17:21, John 3:5, John 18:36, Romans 14:17, 1 Corinthians 4:20, Colossians 1:12-22.
- Unification Church website Sermon given at Sheraton National Hotel, Arlington, March 2, 2003
- Sun Myung Moon, The Early Years, 1920-53 By Michael Breen