|Born|| August 20, 1962 |
Los Angeles, California
Tammy K. Bruce (born August 20, 1962, age 57) is an “openly gay, pro-choice, gun owning, pro-death penalty, Independent Conservative”, talk show host, according to her official biography. A lifelong Democrat, in 1992 she worked to help elect Senators Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer. Bruce has voted for and supported Republicans as well, including President Reagan, both Presidents Bush and John McCain. In 2008 Bruce decided to reject any party affiliation. Ms. Bruce is also a Fox News Channel Political Analyst, appearing several times per month.
Bruce was elected president of the Los Angeles chapter of NOW at the age of 27. The youngest ever to achieve that position, she doubled the chapter's membership from 2,000 to 4,000 within a year. In her seven years as president (1990-1996) she mobilized activists locally and nationally on a whole range of issues, including women's image in media, child care, health care, violence against women, economics, and domestic violence. Ms. Bruce also served as a member of the National NOW Board of Directors.
She hosted a daily talk-radio show on ABC's Los Angeles flagship, KABC Radio, which was syndicated nationally. More recently she has eschewed that format to concentrate on New Media, and still has her talk show, distributed via the Internet. Her show has been the #1 program on the worldwide internet radio hub TalkStreamLive for 3 consecutive years.
A native of Los Angeles, Bruce holds a bachelor's degree in Political Science from the University of Southern California. She has said her interest in politics and individual liberty was sparked during her childhood in part because of the work of authors Ray Bradbury and George Orwell.
- "The Left Elite only pretend to be concerned about what's best for everyone else because it is the most effective way to manipulate you and your children into their abyss."
- "When the courts decide that murderers, rapists, and others who maliciously break our social contract deserve health care that most working Americans can't afford, they are condemning good people to death."
- "From the subtle to the extreme, our culture and our values are under unrelenting attack from the media."
- New American Revolution: How You Can Fight the Tyranny of the Left’s Cultural and Moral Decay
- The Death of Right and Wrong: Exposing the Left’s Assault on Our Culture and Values
- The New Thought Police: Inside the Left’s Assault on Free Speech and Free Minds