User:Tsumetai/Proposed Protection Policy
- Protection should be used only to prevent vandalism, not to enshrine a sysop's preferred content.
- Protection should be used only after several unacceptable edits within a ten minute period, or a large number of such edits over a longer period of time.
- First protection of an article should last no longer than 3 hours.
- Subsequent protections of an article should last no longer than 24 hours.
- Any sysop who protects a page must be willing to provide an explanation of their decision upon request, on the relevant discussion page.
- Any sysop who protects a page which they themselves are involved in editing must provide an explanation of their decision on the relevant discussion page, whether it is requested or not.
- Any sysop who edits a protected page, or who edits a page immediately prior to protection, must be willing to defend the content of those edits on the relevant talk page.
Comments on this proposal are invited on the talk page.