An abomination is anything associated with the worship of false gods or any activity that perverts the way God intended human beings to live and behave. A list of such behaviors may be found in Leviticus 18.
The vagueness of its definition, combined with debates over its validity as a legal argument in United States law (considering the laws would equally apply to non-Christians) has led to numerous problems in recent years. Specifically, Lawrence v. Texas suggests that the era of objective morality-based legislation is at an end.
- ↑ Stem Cell Research at Debatabase
- ↑ Gay Marriage at Debatabase
- ↑ Abortion at Debatabase
- ↑ Creationism vs. Evolution at Debatabase
- ↑ Prayer in School at Debatabase
- ↑ Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. 558.