Atheistic China and intellectual property theft
China has the world's largest atheist population. Communist China practices state atheism. See also: Atheism and China
Most atheists are East Asian and East Asia contains about 25 percent of the world’s population (See: Asian atheism). China’s population represents 20 percent of the people on earth.
Intellectual property (IP) is knowledge that can be owned. Examples include copyrights, patents, trademarks and trade secrets.
According to the website China Law Blog:
|“|| The disappearance of Made in China 2025. From 2015 to 2017, the Chinese government touted its Made in China 2025 program as its core policy for development of the Chinese economy. Due to pressure from the U.S., Europe and Japan, public discussion of the program has virtually ceased. Foreign opposition to this program has been based on the following two factors:
...The advances in technical expertise outlined in the program do not rely on Chinese domestic innovation. Rather, the program relies on forced technology transfer and IP theft.
The American Enterprise Institute reported in 2018:
|“||In reports from 2013 and 2017 the independent Commission on the Theft of American Intellectual Property concluded that China was the chief culprit in the loss of between $250 and $600 billion annually from IP theft (patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets).||”|
Bloomberg News declared concerning China and intellectual property theft: "A 2017 survey by the European Union Chamber of Commerce in China found that 'visible progress' had been made around IP, but 51 percent of firms said enforcement was still inadequate."
- Atheism and stealing
- Atheistic North Korea and cyber crime
- Secular Europe and pickpocketing
- Religion and crime reduction
- Irreligious prison population
- Atheism and morality
- Between the lines: China's move on intellectual property theft, Axios
- How China’s rampant intellectual property theft, long overlooked by US, sparked trade war, South China Morning Post
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Proportion of Atheists / Agnostics (Zuckerman, 2005)
- A surprising map of where the world’s atheists live, Washington Post By Max Fisher and Caitlin Dewey May 23, 2013
- ↑ Top 50 Countries With Highest Proportion of Atheists / Agnostics (Zuckerman, 2005)
- ↑ A surprising map of where the world’s atheists live, Washington Post By Max Fisher and Caitlin Dewey May 23, 2013
- ↑ The Growth of Christianity in East Asia
- ↑ The Top Ten Issues for China’s Economy by Steve Dickinson on December 27, 2018, China Law Blog
- ↑ Chinese intellectual property theft: Time for show trials (but get our story straight) by Claude Barfield, August 27, 2018, AEIdeas
- ↑ What Is Intellectual Property, and Does China Steal It? By Grant Clark, December 4, 2018, Bloomberg News