|Carlton Vann Wing|
Arkansas State Representative for District 38 (Pulaski County)
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Donnie Copeland|
|Born||December 24, 1966|
|Spouse(s)||Leigh S. Wing|
|Residence|| North Little Rock|
|Alma mater|| Northeast High School|
|Occupation|| Television producer|
(President of Wing Media Group since 2008)
|Religion||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints|
Carlton Vann Wing (born December 24, 1966) is a television producer who in 2008 established the Wing Media Group in the capital city of Little Rock, Arkansas. A resident of North Little Rock, he is also a Republican member of the Arkansas House of Representatives for District 38 in Pulaski County.
A Mormon, Wing formerly lived in Spokane, Washington, and Salt Lake City, Utah. He attended Northeast High School in the Little Rock School District, Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas, and Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah.
Wing was elected to the state House in 2016 to succeed the one-term Donnie Copeland, a Christian pastor who instead ran unsuccessfully for the Arkansas State Senate. He serves on these House committees: (1) Aging, (2) Military and Veterans, and (3) Public Transportation. In the Aging Committee, Wing was the sponsor in the 2017 session of successful legislation regarding the transportation of maltreated adults and the establishment of a definition of "impairment" under the Adult Maltreatment Custody Act and the Adult and Long-Term Care Facility Resident Maltreatment Act. He voted to ban abortions for sex-selection and to place certain restrictions on abortion providers. He also supported legislation requiring personal identification as a condition for voting in Arkansas.
Wing was reelected to his second legislative term in the general election held on November 6, 2018. With 6,125 votes (53.3 percent), he defeated the Democrat Chase Mangiapane, who polled 5,360 (46.7 percent).
Wing and his wife, Leigh S. Wing, have four children. Mrs. Wing is a violinist for the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra.
- Jimmy Gazaway, state representative for District 57
- Johnny Rye, state representative for District 54
- Member Pofile - Arkansas General Assembly. Arkleg.state.ar.us. Retrieved on October 7, 2017.
- Carlton Wing - North Little Rock, AR. Intelius.com. Retrieved on October 7, 2017.
- Bill Information: HB1432 Becomes Act 579. Arkleg.state.ar.us. Retrieved on October 7, 2017.
- Carlton Wing's Voting Record. Project Vote Smart. Retrieved on October 7, 2017.
- Arkansas Election Returns: State House of Representatives. Bing.com (November 6, 2018). Retrieved on November 24, 2018.
- Carlton Wing's Biography. Project Vote Smart. Retrieved on October 7, 2017.