Catholic Campaign for Human Development
The Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD) is billed as having a goal "to promote the greater good which the Church offers humankind, especially through forms and programs of the apostolate fittingly adapted to the circumstances of time and place".
In reality, the CCHD is a far left wing front group that has deep historical ties to Saul David Alinsky and promotes Social Justice, routinely helps with funding for far left wing groups such as the now defunct ACORN, and may even be partly responsible for Barack Obama's rise to the presidency.
- Engel, Lawrence J. "The Influence of Saul Alinsky on the Campaign for Human Development" Theological Studies 59 (December 1998) 636
- Radical Left 'Catholics for Obama' Push Alinsky 'Social Justice' Ideology, Breitbart.com
- Why Do Catholics Keep Funding the Radical Left?, American Thinker
- Left-Wing Radicalism in the Church: CCHD and ACORN, Human Events
- ACORN’s Catholic Guardian, American Spectator
- Catholic bishops helped to fund Alinsky training for Barack Obama, according to documents, LifeSiteNews
- The Truth About Obama’s 'Catholic Roots', National Review