Most immigration to the U.S. is through chain migration. According to the Department of Homeland Security, 9.3 million foreigners immigrated to the U.S. through chain migration between 2005 and 2016 — 70% of the total number of immigrants during that period. Over 117,000 of those foreigners came from countries designated as state sponsors of terrorism by the U.S. State Department – Iran, Syria, and Sudan.
According to Steven A. Camarota, chain migration creates "a self-perpetuating cycle of growing immigration" and is largely responsible for the massive immigration levels seen in the U.S. The New York Times has even admitted that entire extended families the size of small villages have entered the U.S. through chain migration.
The Center for Immigration Studies estimated in January 2018 that chain migration alone would bring in 15 additional immigrants to the U.S. in the next 20 years, including 7–8 million voters in the U.S. electorate.
- End Chain Migration. NumbersUSA. Retrieved December 2, 2017.
- Binder, John (November 30, 2017). DHS: More than 9M Foreign Relatives of Immigrants Admitted to U.S. in Last Decade. Breitbart News. Retrieved December 2, 2017.
- White House releases 'explosive' tally of green cards issued in 'chain migration'. Fox News. November 30, 2017.
- Binder, John (December 13, 2017). Chain Migration Imported 120K Foreign Nationals from Terrorist-Funding Countries Since 2005. Breitbart News. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- Dinan, Stephen (December 28, 2017). Chain migration a growing concern as U.S. immigrant levels hit record. The Washington Times. Retrieved December 29, 2017.
- Binder, John (September 19, 2018). Report: Chain Migration Used to Import Entire Family Villages of Foreigners. Breitbart News. Retrieved September 19, 2018.
- Binder, John (January 14, 2018). Chain Migration Expected to Add 8M Potential Foreign-Born Voters to U.S. Electorate over Next Two Decades. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 14, 2018.
- Binder, John (February 20, 2018). DACA Illegal Aliens March in Lockstep With Democrats: Maintaining Chain Migration Takes Priority Over Amnesty. Breitbart News. Retrieved February 21, 2018.
- Immigration Multipliers: Trends in Chain Migration, by Jessica Vaughan at the Center for Immigration Studies, September 27, 2017.
- Chain Migration Means Visa Lottery Brings in More People Than You Think, by Preston Huennekens at the Center for Immigration Studies, November 3, 2017.