Conservapedia:AFD Family Guy
Family Guy is an animated television program created by Seth MacFarlane. It contains adult themes, and is not appropriate for younger audiences. It details the life of "the Griffins," a fictitious family who live in Quahog, Rhode Island. It has similarities to The Simpsons which have been referenced and parodied on both shows.
Mixed -- I think it would be best to radically shorten the show. It is famous enough to warrant inclusion, especially if we talk about the problems that social conservatives have with the show. On the other hand, will the article ever be much more than trivia? And can you talk about the show without including information which is innapropriate for the encyclopedia? I'm not sure. Hence, the maybe. HelpJazz 23:36, 8 April 2008 (EDT)
- comment - Many people have many problems with many things, and that does not make those things notable. HenryS 23:38, 8 April 2008 (EDT)
- IMO, while a notable pop culture TV show deserves mention, it might more appropriately be placed in some omnibus article about popular current TV shows, along with Boston Legal, Simpsons, whatever.......--₮K/Talk 00:11, 9 April 2008 (EDT)
- The goal of Conservapedia is to be educational. A trustworthy resource, a conservative and Christian-friendly encyclopedia. Since Wikipedia does not admit its liberal bias, and presents a "world-view" ostensibly NPOV politically correct, and arguably anti-Christian one, and CP presents facts, there isn't any competition, no "contest". --₮K/Talk 00:51, 9 April 2008 (EDT)
- I think we should keep the article, but I also think that, in order to stay family friendly, we must be extremely cautious in not directly referring to any of the atrocities that is seen in the show, while at the same time making it clear that type of material it contains.
- This is, of course, assuming such a thing is possible. If it can't be done without making it too unencyclopedic then I think putting it in an omnibus article is the best alternative. WilliamH 01:32, 14 April 2008 (EDT)
Like it or not, the subject of the article is a part of culture. It has a following. I don't believe it should be ignored, but of course we should make sure the editing and presentation that is given matches the form that would be fitting for Conservapedia. Learn together 02:38, 27 May 2008 (EDT)
- It contains profoundly unwholesome material in aformat designed to appeal particularly to young people. It doesn't belong on our tv screens and it certainly doesn't belong in CP - not in the way it is currently written, for sure. Bugler 10:03, 20 September 2008 (EDT)
I think it should be kept, but instead of having a glowing, fawning article like Wiki(bias? what bias?)pedia, our article can tell the truth about the content of the show. Jinxmchue 15:08, 20 September 2008 (EDT)