|Bryant “Corky” Messner|
|Born|| November 15, 1956|
|Alma mater||United States Military Academy|
|Occupation||Businessman, Army veteran|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1979 – 1984|
Bryant “Corky” Messner (born November 15, 1956 (age 64)) is a veteran and businessman who ran for United States Senate in the 2020 elections from New Hampshire to challenge incumbent Democrat Jeanne Shaheen.
2020 U.S. Senate bid
Messner's bid for Senate has received the endorsements of Sen. Rand Paul and President Trump. The latter's endorsement that was several months prior to the Republican primary election sparked criticism from Messner's then-primary opponent Don Bolduc, who claimed that the primary was rigged against him. Messner ultimately won the primary by a handy margin to face Shaheen in the general election; Bolduc conceded, though openly refused to endorse him for the general election. A debate was previously held between the two candidates.
A debate between Messner and Shaheen over the general election was held in mid-October 2020. The race was rated as a safe hold for the incumbent senator by the Cook Political Report, though RCP only considered it to be "Lean D".
Messner ultimately lost the election by sixteen points to Shaheen.
- Rand Paul endorses Corky Messner for U.S. Senate
- Trump endorses Messner, tweets he’ll be ‘fantastic US Senator'
- Trump endorsements cause uproar in New Hampshire GOP primaries
- ‘Corky’ Messner wins GOP Senate primary to challenge Shaheen
- Messner wins, Bolduc concedes in tight fight to face Shaheen
- Bolduc Concedes, But Won’t Endorse, in NHGOP Senate Primary
- 2020 candidate profile: Corky Messner (R)
- NH US Senate Debate 10-15-2020 on NHPR - Sen Jeanne Shaheen (D) and Corky Messner (R)
- 2020 Senate Race Ratings | The Cook Political Report
- Battle for the Senate 2020 - RealClearPolitics
- Jeanne Shaheen easily defeats Republican Corky Messner for US Senate in New Hampshire
- Messner answers questions about Supreme Court, president's COVID-19 diagnosis
- NH Senate Candidate Accused Of Domestic Incident In Colorado: Doc
- NH U.S. Senate Candidate Arrested For DUI In 1995 In Colorado
- Criminal probe sought into NH U.S. Senate candidate ‘Corky’ Messner’s foundation
- Audit Finds No Wrongdoing by Messner Foundation, Demands Retraction