|Attorney General of Kentucky|
From: December 17, 2019 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
Daniel Jay Cameron (born November 22, 1985, age 37) is the conservative Attorney General of Kentucky.
Endorsed by U.S. President Donald Trump, Cameron was elected Kentucky Attorney General in 2019 beating his white privileged Democrat opponent by 58% to 42%, becoming the state's first black Attorney General and the first Republican AG in seventy years. Cameron takes conservative positions, in particular a strong stance against illegal immigration.
Cameron is likely to run for governor of Kentucky in 2024, against the Democrat incumbent Andy Beshear, and/or run for RINO Mitch McConnell's U.S. Senate seat in 2026.
- ↑ Spiering, Charlie (July 29, 2019). Donald Trump Endorses Black Conservative Daniel Cameron for Kentucky Attorney General. Breitbart News. Retrieved November 7, 2019.
- Halaschak, Zachary (November 23, 2019). 'Very talented political star': Trump lauds first black GOP attorney general of Kentucky. Washington Examiner. Retrieved November 23, 2019.
- ↑ Multiple references:
- Blitzer, Ronn (November 6, 2019). Republican Daniel Cameron makes history in Kentucky attorney general race, amid Bevin drama. Fox News. Retrieved November 7, 2019.
- Stieber, Zachary (November 6, 2019). Kentucky Elects First Black Attorney General. The Epoch Times. Retrieved November 7, 2019.
- Sonka, Joe (November 5, 2019). Republican Daniel Cameron elected Kentucky's first African American attorney general. USA Today (from the Louisville Courier Journal). Retrieved November 7, 2019.
- Wilson, Reid (November 5, 2019). Former McConnell aide wins Kentucky attorney general's race. The Hill. Retrieved November 7, 2019.
- Victor, Daniel (November 6, 2019). Daniel Cameron Becomes First Black Attorney General Elected in Kentucky. The New York Times. Retrieved November 7, 2019.
- Creitz, Charles (November 7, 2019). Daniel Cameron reacts after making history in Kentucky attorney general race. Fox News. Retrieved November 7, 2019.
- Wilson, Reid (November 13, 2019). McConnell protege emerges as Kentucky's next rising star. The Hill. Retrieved November 13, 2019.
- ↑ Starr, Penny (November 6, 2019). Kentucky Attorney General-Elect Daniel Cameron Promises to Fight Drug Epidemic. Breitbart News. Retrieved November 7, 2019.
- ↑ Arthur, Andrew R. (November 8, 2019). Daniel Cameron: Kentucky's Immigration Hawk. Center for Immigration Studies. Retrieved November 8, 2019.