Essay:Reasons the Catholic Church is Unbiblical
The Roman Catholic Church, created by Roman Emperor Constantine as a mix of Christianity and Paganism, against 2 Corinthians 6:14-17, is a quasi-Christian religion, headquartered at the Vatican, a Roman hill on which Christians were butchered for Nero. It is often considered by Protestants to be at least the main structure of Babylon the Great, the Harlot of Revelation. Here, in a list format, is a list of reasons it is unbiblical. Please note that this essay is not meant to cover counter-points, counter-counter-points, etc.
1. No Pope is ever mentioned in the Bible
2. The Bible forbids the existence of such a position in 1 Timothy 2:5-6, "For there is one God, and ONE MEDIATOR between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time."
3. The Pope's title is "Holy Father," but the Bible says “And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.” (Matthew 23:9) That is, spiritually you have only one you can call father, and it is NOT the Pope. Pope is derived from the Greek Papas, meaning "Father"
4. Catholics allege that it was in Matthew 16:18 that Jesus made Peter the first Pope. However, Peter means small stone in Greek, and rock means strong, immovable large stone. Thus the passage should be interpreted as follows: “And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter [a small stone], and upon this rock [Jesus referring to himself] I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”
5. In the same conversation, Jesus says to the "new infallible Pope," “But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.”(Matthew 16:23)
6. Peter's body was found in Jerusalem, not in Rome.
7. Peter was married, and thus could not be Pope. "And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever." (Matthew 8:14)
8. History records that the position was created by Roman Emperor Constantine in the 4th century AD.
9. Constantine blended his pagan traditions with Christianity to create Catholicism. But the Bible says “Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,” (2 Corinthians 6:14-17)
10. If the Pope is infallible, why did Pope Francis endorse the unbiblical and unscientific theory of evolution? "When we read about Creation in Genesis, we run the risk of imagining God was a magician, with a magic wand able to do everything. But that is not so," Francis said. "God is not a divine being or a magician, but the Creator who brought everything to life." (Emphases added)
11. If the Pope is infallible, why did he write that “Climate change is a global problem with grave implications: environmental, social, economic, political and for the distribution of goods. It represents one of the principal challenges facing humanity in our day"?
12. The Catholic priest has no power to command God to come down and turn into the wafer.
13. The mass sacrifices Christ over and over again, but after his final sacrifice, Jesus said "It is finished." (John 19:30) Hebrews 10:12 says “But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;”
14. In the Last Supper, the bread and cup were symbolic. They did not become the actual blood and body of Jesus, as is taught in Catholicism. “And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do IN REMEMBRANCE of me.” (Luke 22:19) Jesus called it "the fruit of the vine," after it was supposedly transubstantiated.
15. Catholicism teaches celibacy, that is, bishops, popes, etc. are not allowed to marry. The Bible says “A bishop then must be blameless, THE HUSBAND OF ONE WIFE, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;” (1 Timothy 3:2)
16. The doctrine of celibacy was created to allow priests to have homosexual and pedophilic activities. 
17. Bishops (also called elders) in the Bible were members of a church council, not spiritual rulers over a certain area.
18. The Biblical model for hierarchy has Christ as the head of the Church (Ephesians 5:23, Colossians 1:18), not the Pope, and individual churches under that. Not a large hierarchy.
19. In the Catholic hierarchy, if someone high up is corrupted, all below him is corrupted.
20. Before Vatican II, Catholics were banned from eating meat on Fridays. Abstinence (avoiding certain types of foods) is still practiced during Lent.The Bible calls this a doctrine of Devils. “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.” (1 Timothy 4:1-3)
21. The Catholic Church relies on tradition for doctrine, rather than the Bible. “Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.” (Colossians 2:8)
22. If the Roman Catholic church gave the world the Bible, being infallible, then why did Rome reject or question the inspiration of James and Hebrews, then later accept it?
23. Conversely, Rome accepted as scripture books that were later rejected.If the Catholic church really is illuminated by the Holy Spirit so that men can trust her as "God's organization", why was she so wrong about something so simple? Shouldn't the "Holy See" have known?
24. If the Catholic church, "by her own inherent God given power and authority" gave the world the Bible, why did she not get it right the first time? Why did the Roman Catholic church wait until 1546 AD in the Council of Trent, to officially add the Apocrypha to the Canon?
25. Catholics call Mary "the Virgin Mary," when she had other children with Joseph after Jesus. (Matthew 13:55-56, Mark 6:3, Matthew 12:46, Mark 3:31, Luke 8:19, Matthew 1:23-25, John 2:12, John 7:1, Acts 1:14, Galatians 1:19, 1 Corinthians 9:5)
26. Clerical dress is condemned in Matthew 23:5,6
27. The Bible teaches against the adoration of Mary (Luke 11:27,28)
28. The Bible says that all Christians are priests (1 Peter 2:5,9)
29. Saints are not special people chosen by the Church of Rome. All Christians are saints. (1 Corinthians 1:2)
30. The Bible condemns the making and adoration of images (Exodus 20:4,5)
31. The Bible teaches baptism by immersion, not sprinkling water. (Colossians 2:12)
32. The Bible teaches that Christ is the foundation of the Church, not Peter (1 Corinthians 3:11)
33. The Bible is against the idea of purgatory (Luke 16:26)
34. Catholic teachings not found in the Bible include: baptism of dying infants
35. Prayers for the dead
36. Prayers to the dead (FORBIDDEN
37. Nuns and monks
38. Extreme unction
40. Latin in worship
41. Holy water
44. Indulgences (tickets to heaven sold for profit)
47. Infallibility of Pope (In fact, Peter has been known to have been wrong before - Galatians 2:11, Matthew 16:23)
[end of list]
48. Paul fits more qualifications for Pope than Peter
49. Rome teaches salvation by works, not by grace through faith (“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:8,9)
50. During the dark ages, Rome made the Bible illegal. Only priests could read the Bible, and in Latin, which most people didn't understand. Many were killed for making or owning Bibles.
51. Rome killed over one hundred thousand Protestants during the Spanish Inquisition - only one of a series of Inquisitions.
- Nicolo Suffi, "St. Peter's - Guide to the Square and the Basilica"
- "The Pope," Catholic Encyclopedia Online
- Strong's #4074 
- F. Paul Peterson, "The Discovery of Peter's Tomb in Jerusalem - 1953," Bible Believers' Newsletter 373,
- "Constantine's 6 Major Changes to Christianity," Reformation.org 
- McKenna, J,. Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real, USA Today, October 28, 2014.
- The Pope and Climate Change, The New York Times, June 19, 2015.
- Common sense.
- "Celibacy of the Clergy," Catholic Encyclopedia 
- , these activities in the Church of Rome is widely recognized.
- "Bishops, Elders, and Deacons in Early Christianity," Christian History for Everyman, 
- Abstinence as Spiritual Discipline, Catholic Answers
- "Scripture and Tradition," Catholic Answers, 
- Citation needed. The author can find only indirect references, and ones without its own sources indicated.
- The Christian Canon, Encyclopædia Britannica, 
- "What does the Bible say about praying to/speaking to/talking to the dead?" GotQuestions? 
- Peter - History's WORST Pope!
- "Canon 14. We prohibit also that the laity should be permitted to have the books of the Old or New Testament; unless anyone from motive of devotion should wish to have the Psalter or the Breviary for divine offices or the hours of the blessed Virgin; but we most strictly forbid their having any translation of these books." Council of Toulouse, 1229 A.D. Also see: 
- David A. Plaisted, "Estimates of the Number Killed by the Papacy in the Middle Ages and Later,"