|Frank Barnett Blackburn|
September 1983 – 1984
|Preceded by||Marvin Anding |
|Succeeded by||Donald Edward Jones|
|Born|| February 11, 1944|
Paris, Lamar County, Texas
|Died|| March 26, 2021 (aged 77)|
Bossier City Louisiana
|Resting place||Hill Crest Memorial Park in Bossier Parish|
|Political party||Democrat |
|Spouse(s)||Angela Rae Harris Blackburn (married 1982; not first wife; not married at the time of his death)|
|Children|| Josh Barnett Blackburn|
|Alma mater||Bossier High School|
Frank Barnett Blackburn (February 11, 1944 – March 26, 2021) was the interim mayor of Bossier City in northwestern Louisiana. Blackburn, a Democrat, became mayor in September 1983, upon the death in office of Marvin Anding.
In August 19, 1971, Blackburn filed as a candidate for the Bossier Parish Police Jury, the parish governing body. On March 15, 1980, he was elected to the city council in a special election to fill the at-large seat on the city council created by the election of Robert Roy Adley to the Louisiana House of Representatives. In the council race, Blackburn defeated the Republican candidate, David Harold Broussard (1947-1998). He then won a full council term in 1981.
3lackburn was a former president of the Bossier Jaycees and a member of Lions International. He also worked with the Bossier Parish Sheriffs' Office as a deputy and in the warrants division. He was a member and former executive director of the Caddo-Bossier Port Commission.
He was born to Paul Byron and Eva June Blackburn in Paris in Lamar County, Texas. Blackburn and his son, Josh Barnett Blackburn (born June 28, 1970), operated Blackburn Radiator Shop, which he established in Bossier City in 1965. At the time of his death, he was living in Haughton in southeastern Bossier Parish.
- Frank Blackburn obituary. The Shreveport Times. Retrieved on April 6, 2021.
- The Bossier Banner, August 19, 1971, p. 4d.
- Frank Blackburn's obituary does not mention service on the Bossier Parish Police Jury; so presumably he lost that election.
- Shreveport Journal, March 17, 1980, p. 2.
- Garrett v. Kneass. leagle.com (March 21, 1986). Retrieved on April 6, 2021.
- Blackburn Radiator Shop. manta.com. Retrieved on April 6, 2021.
- Frank Blackburn. mylife.com. Retrieved on April 6, 2021.