Hillary Rodham Clinton facts
Political positions of Hillary Clinton.
Hillary Clinton is pro-abortion, including the extremist position of partial birth abortion right up to the final minutes of natural birth on a child's due date. She also supports Planned Parenthood and has promised to them that "as president, I will always have your back." Sponsored the Freedom of Choice Act.
Affordable Care Act
Controversy with Barack Obama
Hillary Clinton top advisor Sidney Blumenthal, and his son, Max Blumenthal, were the origin of the rumors in 2008 that Barack Hussein Obama was a Muslim in order to stir up fear among white Democrats and women, intended for Hillary's benefit. McClatchy Washington Bureau Chief James Asher relayed "Mr. Blumenthal and I met together in my office and he strongly urged me to investigate the exact place of President Obama’s birth, which he suggested was in Kenya." Snope's has identified a claim that a 1991 promotional booklet by Barack Obama's then-literary agency, Acton & Dystel, touted Obama as "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii" as being true.
Hillary Clinton's 2008 campaign team then began spreading Islamophobic rumors that Obama was a Muslim schooled in a madrassa as a child in Indonesia. A group registered as People United Means Action (PUMA), which members say really stands for Party Unity My Ass, was made up of Hillary Clinton supporters who not only opposed Barack Obama's nomination but also sought to delegitimitize his Presidency. PUMA members charged that the media directed sexism and misogyny at Clinton during the primary campaign and expressed anger at Democratic Party leaders' failure to speak out or otherwise respond appropriately.
Hillary Clinton had revieved a majority of votes in the 2008 Democratic primaries and PUMA felt the Superdelegates robbed Hillary of the nomination.
Department of Education
Hillary was an ardent proponent of the Iraq war, insisted Sadam Hussein possessed Weapons of Mass Destruction based on first hand knowledge, and has promised to attack Iran if she is president.
Hillary Clinton was the driving force in creating both the Libyan and Syrian fiascos, persuading President Obama, against his better judgement, to get involved. The coarse of action she advocated was opposed by virtually all high-level administration national security experts and resulted in a humanatarian tragedy affecting the lives of more tha 10 million people.
Hillary has denied that businesses create jobs.
Second Amendment rights
Hillary had promoted the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP), a NAFTA-like free trade zone with China, Japan, South Korea and about a dozen other countries no less than 45 times as Secretary of State.
- The Great Islamophobic Crusade, CBSNEWS, December 19, 2010. cbsnews.com
- Bill Clinton and Barack Obama: an alliance long and slow in the making, Gary Younge, Guardian UK.
- Who is BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA? Mission Statement, stop-obama.org
- Hillary Clinton Iraq War Vote Speech. youtube.com
- Libya: Obama Admits Clinton's "Greatest Moment" Was His "Worst Mistake, Lauren McCauley, Common Dreams, April 12, 2016.
- "Clinton shifts left: 'Don't let anyone tell you' that 'businesses create jobs'" (October 24, 2014). YouTube video, 0:36, posted by GOP War Room.
- Tapper, Jake et al. (June 15, 2015). "45 times Secretary Clinton pushed the trade bill she now opposes". CNN website/Politics.
- Swenson, Michele (June 24, 2014). "NAFTA, the Trans-Pacific Partnership and the Clinton Global Initiative". Huffington Post/The Blog.
- Shreckinger, Ben (February 21, 2014). "How Obama's free trade push could put Hillary in a tight spot". The Atlantic website.