|Junior U.S. Senator from Montana|
From: January 3, 2015 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|Former U.S. Representative from Montana's At-Large Congressional District|
From: January 3, 2013 – January 3, 2015
Daines serves on the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources; the Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation; the Committee on Indian Affairs; and the Committee on Appropriations.
Despite having planned to object to the official "results" of the 2020 U.S. presidential election, Daines later bailed out on conservatives and voted to certify the Biden "victory". This was after paid protesters and Antifa thugs infiltrated a peaceful protest organized by Trump protesters, breaking their way into the United States Capitol Building.
- Freiburger, Calvin (January 18, 2019). Pro-life Senator announces new ‘pro-life caucus’ in US Senate at 2019 March for Life. LifeSiteNews. Retrieved January 18, 2019.
- Berry, Susan (January 18, 2019). Montana Sen. Steve Daines Launches Pro-Life Caucus in Senate. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 18, 2019.
- Brufke, Juliegrace (December 30, 2020). Here are the Republicans planning to challenge the Electoral College results. The Hill. Retrieved January 7, 2021.
- Two references:
- Lutey, Tom (January 6, 2021). https://billingsgazette.com/news/daines-abandons-opposing-states-election-results/article_6ed16b52-ae14-5603-8379-06aa2796a68a.html Daines abandons opposing states' election results]. Billings Gazette. Retrieved January 7, 2021.
- Schubert, Keith (January 6, 2021). Daines changes course and will certify election results. Daily Inter Lake. Retrieved January 7, 2021.