Time management is the process of planning and exercising control over the amount of time spent on specific activities - especially to increase the areas of effectiveness, efficiency or productivity.
Key processes of time management
- Creating an environment which is amenable to effectiveness
- Setting of priorities.
- Carrying out activities centered around those priorities. Focusing on behaviors which will achieve the highest results towards achieving your goal
- Elimination/reduction of time spent on non-priorities
- Incentives/rewards to help modify behavior to ensure compliance with time sensitive deadlines.
- Avoid procrastination
- Goal setting. Set short term and long term goals.
- Project management skills
- Recording of activities to track performance in terms of timeliness and key tasks