Modern ultrasounds have the ability to acquire images in 3D & 4D.
Types of ultrasounds include shared service machines, portable notebooks and handheld ultrasounds.
Calculations or software are organ-specific to individual echo procedures.
- Small Parts
- Breast Imaging
- General Radiology
- Osteoporosis (Bone scanner)
- Urinary (Bladder scanner)
Ultrasound has a variety of applications, including
- Non-destructive testing (NDT) and non-destructive evaluation (NDE) of materials.
- Medical imaging and tissue characterization. See ultrasonic imaging and ultrasonic tissue characterization
- Therapeutic ultrasound is sometimes recommended for muscle as well as joint pain.
- Range finding (sonar).
One of the most notable applications is in sonograms, which have particular effectiveness in the pro-life movement; after seeing their unborn child(ren) insider of her, about 80% of women considering having an abortion change their mind and carry the child(ren) to term (not surprisingly sonograms are rarely if ever found inside Planned Parenthood clinics).