User:AK/Exploded Planet hypothesis
The Exploded Planet (EP) hypothesis is a hypothesis trying to provide scientific explanation, in line with principles of historical science, for the mechanism and associated event(s) that caused the Great Flood on earh as it is described in the Bible, as well as for other astronomical phenomena observed today.
It posits that the power to make the Flood[note 1] came from a planet that exploded shortly before.
In his Méchanique Céleste, Tom III.p.113, the great French astronomer Laplace announced a curious discovery, that the year 4004 B.C. was a remarkable astronomical epoch, when the great axis of the earth's orbit coincided with the line of the equinoxes, and consequently true and mean equinoxes were united. From a Christian perspective, God made the special arrangements of the planets to suit His purposes, so that the solar system would be a stable neighborhood for humankind to reside in.
In 1943 R.A. Daly of Harvard University published his authoritative paper “Meteorites and an Earth model,” where he studied the analogies between terrestrial rocks and meteorites, “enigmatic bodies,” coupled with deductions on the probable nature of the Earth’s interior. He hypothesized that the latter ones originated by disruption of a planet once situated between Mars and Jupiter, in the region now occupied by asteroids. At first textbooks have quoted his theory approvingly, but later it has been disfavored due to mineralogical discontinuities between different groups of meteorites which were interpreted as evidence against a single parent body hypothesis.
Initial Orderly Planetary Orbits hypotheses
Findings related to dwarf planets Pluto and Eris that have vastly inclined and highly eccentric orbits cast doubt on the earlier decision of astronomers as a whole to abandon Titius-Bode law and suggest an alternative explanation: that God in fact might had set the planets in their orbits in an orderly manner, but a subsequent cataclysmic event or sequence of events significantly altered the elegant mathematical pattern of the outer reaches of the solar system.
Fred Willson argues that in the area of very large phenomena such as planetary orbits, these, beginning with Neptune and moving inward toward the sun, comport quite close with so called Fibonacci numbering sequence discovered also, for example, in the spiral arrangement of certain features, e.g. leaves, of some biological plants. As for existing divergences, there are creationists who have theorized that some cosmic force, probably in relation to the day of Noah's flood, altered the solar system, especially in the range from Venus up to the asteroid belt. Even with these adjustments, the correlation of the Fibonacci pattern to the periodic times of the planets is regarded far more than just a chance arrangement.
It has been calculated that the previous visit by Hale-Bopp occurred in July 2215 BC. The comet may have presented a similar sight to people then, as the estimated closest approach to Earth was 1.4 AU, but no records of it have survived. Hale-Bopp may have had a near collision with Jupiter in early June 2215 BC, which probably caused a dramatic change in its orbit, and 2215 BC may have been its first passage through the inner solar system.
The IPD issue (interplanetary dust) can be addressed as being leftover from the exploded planet. The cratering that is often used as an argument for long ages can be alternatively explained as resulting from a catastrophe, EP, in the Solar System.
The Exploded Planet hypothesis provides the answer for mechanism that caused “Pangaea“ to split into the continents we see today: in lies beneath the mare regions of the Moon, which were created from deep penetrating impacts of (comet, asteroid swarm) from the exploded planet.
The orbital friction occurred when much more dense material from the depths of the Moon filled in the impact basins underneath those smooth dark areas (referred to as “mare”) causing the Moon’s center of mass to become offset from its geometric center. Prior to this, the Moon had some given rotation rate about its spin axis. With this center of mass offset, the Moon’s spin rate changed to become gravity gradient stabilized where the dense material would continually face Earth as the Moon travels around the Earth. The Moon’s spin rate synchronized with its orbital rate around the Earth. The Shuttle would do the same thing when we turned off the attitude control system: the nose or tail would end up pointing towards the Earth in its orbit. This change in the Moon’s spin rate caused a significant change in the angular momentum in the Earth-Moon system as a whole; implying from Newton’s Third Law on Action – Re-action that something had to interact and exert force. The result was rapid tectonic plate movement with associated tsunamis, gigantic earthquakes, etc. A catastrophic re-distribution of the Earth’s crust. We see hints of this from the planet Venus. Based on the discoveries made by the Magellan space probe launched from the Shuttle mission, STS-30, it is believed Venus was catastrophically re-surfaced.
Mercury and Venus
Mercury’s orbit is the most elliptical and inclined of the planets in the Solar System and the smallest planet. In fact, it is not much bigger than Earth's Moon and in size ranks behind Ganymede and Titan, moons of Jupiter and Saturn, respectively. Venus rotates slowly backward compared to the rest of the Solar System. It is hypothetized that Venus lost a moon totally causing this even more catastrophic event than the Earth endured and that Mercury was the moon of Venus.
- In biblical terms, the power came from the Lord, but Scripture presents the Lord's control of natural forces to accomplish the work similar to those given in Exodus 14:21 : "And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided."
- William Hales (1830). Chronology and geography. C.J.G. & F. Rivington.
- Wayne Spencer (2007). Migrating planets and migrating theories 12-14. Journal of Creation. Retrieved on 26 July 2015.
- Brian Mason (1967). "Meteorites". American Scientist 55 (4). http://www.jstor.org/stable/27837038?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents.
- Clint Bishard. Order in the Orbits: Our Mathematically Minded Creator. JCM. Retrieved on 26 July 2015. “This ordered planet/distance relationship was well known in the past and is known as the Titius-Bode Law. It was first proposed in 1766 and gained widespread acceptance in the astronomical community when William Herschel (a well know Christian creationist) discovered Uranus in 1781. With Uranus shown to fit the 8th position, Bode called for a search for the only missing planet in the formula, the fifth planet out from the sun. This search resulted in the discovery of Ceres in 1801 at the predicted position. With the then known eight planets identified at the predicted positions, many clearly acknowledged the evidence for design in our solar system. Note: ... In fact, next to Pluto, Ceres was the most difficult planet for the IAU committee to deal with. However, this clear order to our solar system was quickly swept under the rug with the finding of Neptune in 1846, and that it did not follow the predicted pattern. As one modern writer puts it “Neptune broke the ‘law.’ So, yes, it’s just a coincidence that most of the planets fall within the Titius-Bode law distances.” ...To finish with a comment concerning Neptune, a Biblical creationist not only expects to see design in the universe, but also evidence of catastrophe.”
- Tom Van Flandern (1998). "Do Planets Explode?", Dark Matter, Missing Planets and New Comets: Paradoxes Resolved, Origins Illuminated. North Atlantic Books. ISBN 978-15564-32682.
- Fred Willson. "Shapes, Numbers, Patterns, And The Divine Proportion In God's Creation". Acts & Facts (ICR) 31 (12). http://www.icr.org/i/pdf/imp///imp-354.pdf. Retrieved 26 July 2015.