Vox is a Spanish political party. It takes strongly conservative, right-wing populist, and Euroskeptic positions on issues. The party also is pro-life. To the annoyance of left-wing parties, Vox has celebrated the Reconquista, when Christian Spaniards reconquered Spain from the Muslims. Like other conservative and right-wing populist European parties, Vox has been falsely labeled "far-right" by the Left and the media.
In December 2018, Vox entered the parliament of Andalusia, the first time a Euroskeptic and right-wing populist party won seats in the country. Because of this victory, it automatically gained a seat in the Spanish Senate.
- Torres, Diego (December 3, 2018). Vox shakes up Spain. Politico. Retrieved December 3, 2018.
- Arostegui, Martin (November 9, 2018). Santiago Abascal uses VOX movement, connection to Steve Bannon to pull Spain to right. The Washington Times. Retrieved November 9, 2018.
- Garcia Jones, Gualberto (December 4, 2018). Pro-life party ends 40 years of socialist rule in Spain’s largest region. LifeSiteNews. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- Tomlinson, Chris (January 4, 2019). Populist Spanish Party Celebrates ‘Reconquista’ on Social Media. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 5, 2019.
- Duke, Selwyn (December 10, 2018). Another Supposed “Far Right” Party Rises in Europe. The New American. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- Multiple references:
- Friedman, Victoria (December 2, 2018). Breakthrough for Anti-Mass Migration VOX Party in Spanish Regional Election. Breitbart News. Retrieved December 3, 2018.
- Far-right party wins seats in Spain's Andalusia region. Reuters. December 1, 2018. Retrieved December 2, 2018.
- Burke, Michael (December 2, 2018). Far-right party picks up seats in election in Spain's Andalusia region. The Hill. Retrieved December 2, 2018.
- Jones, Sam (December 9, 2018). Far right breakthrough in Andalucía send shockwave through Spanish politics. The Guardian. Retrieved December 9, 2018.
- Berton, Elena (February 19, 2019). Euroskeptics see France's yellow vest protesters, Spain's Vox party as signs of political shift. The Washington Times. Retrieved February 20, 2019.
- Spain's far-right debuts in Senate by blocking anti-homophobia motion. Reuters. February 21, 2019. Retrieved February 21, 2019.