Dr. Michael Savage, (born Michael Alan Weiner, March 31, 1942) is a conservative talk show host. Savage opposes statism, unlimited immigration and Muslim fundamentalism. He defends America’s national sovereignty and distinct cultural identity. In short, he is a nationalist who champions blood-and-soil conservatism.
Savage is the author of 18 books, including four New York Times Best Sellers: The Political Zoo, Liberalism is a Mental Disorder, The Savage Nation and The Enemy Within. Many of his books have been on botany and Nutritional Ethnomedicine. He holds doctorates in both economics and botany which he received from the University of California, Berkeley.
Savage is generally known to be more outspoken, or more direct, than other conservative commentators. Some view this as his way of driving home points to liberals, who he seems to view as cynical. Other conservatives are strongly against such methods. However, many do find them to be effective and count themselves as fans of his show, which was named by Talkers Magazine as the third most influential talk show in America.
In March 2004, he began a televised version of The Savage Nation on MSNBC, but was let go after telling a prank caller who identified himself as a, "sodomite," in Savage's words, to, "get AIDS and die." Savage explained that he was making a personal insult to a prank caller, who he considered to be harassing him, not to all gays. This is consistent with his treatment of other prank callers.
In 2007, he won the Freedom of Speech award from Talkers Magazine, a talk radio trade industry publication.
His nationally-syndicated radio show is called, Savage Nation. In the early weeks of June 2007, Savage spent almost every minute of his show lambasting George W. Bush's proposed immigration reform bill. Savage takes credit for the defeat of the bill. He has also been credited with coining the terms, "compassionate conservative," and, "Islamo-fascist," which have gained wider usage in other circles.
Banned in Britain
On May 5, 2009 Savage was placed on a list of persons who have either called for attacks against the British government, or have attacked and murdered individuals based on political or religious hatred; others on the list included Jewish nationalist Mike Guzovsky; imprisoned Russian skinhead leaders Artur Ryno and Pavel Skachevsky; and Islamic leaders Wadgy Abd El Hamied Mohamed Ghoneim, Abdullah Qadri Al Ahdal, Safwat Hijazi, Amir Siddique, Abdul Ali Musa, Samir Al Quntar and Nasr Javed. Citing the hypocrisy of Britain in general, and British liberalism in particular when they stand by and listen to the calls for murder and destruction by Islamic fanatics within Britain, Savage said,
- "How can a nation put me on a list and leave hate preachers in England who say that we're going to kill all of you? We're going to convert all of you to Islam. How is it possible that those hate preachers can't be deported from Britain, but I can be banned from Britain? People who advocate actual murder cannot be deported from Britain. How is it that liberalism has gotten so distorted and cowardly?"
Knowing that his written and recorded record has never included such urgings, Savage responded by suing several Britons, including Home Secretary Jacqui Smith, the individual who "redefined" terrorism in Britain, and was responsible for putting Savage's name on the list. She resigned her ministerial position soon thereafter and went on to lose her Parliamentary seat a year later.
Michael Savage lexicon
Michael Savage like Mark Levin is also known for his use of humorous and derogatory ways of describing names and organizations.
|Mainstream Media||Government-Media Complex|
|New York Times||Old York Times|
|Arthur Ochs Sulzberger, Jr.||Pinchy|
|The Weekly Standard||The Meekly Standard|
|Nancy Pelosi||Nancy Lugosi|
|Mahmoud Ahmadinejad||The Hitler of our time|
|Barack Obama||Obummer, The Marxist-in-chief|
|San Francisco||San Fransicko|
|Al Gore||Al Gorlioni of the Gorlioni Crime Syndicate|
|Prince Charles||Prince "Schmuck" Charles|
|Mark Levin||The guy who sounds like Groucho Marx's grandmother on laughing gas|
|Sean Hannity||The Wallbanger|
|Rush Limbaugh||The Golfer|
|Glenn Beck||The hemorrhoid with eyes|
|Neil Cavuto||The sock puppet|
|Shepard Smith||Schlep Smith|
|Nancy Grace||Nancy Graceless|
|Whoopi Goldberg||Whoopi cushion|
|Anderson Cooper||Anderson Blooper|
|Lou Dobbs||Duffy the Bartender|
|Ann Coulter||Schoolyard hag|
|Rick Sanchez||King of the worms|
|Keith Olbermann||The guy who urinates on himself|
|Michael Moore||Fatso, Fat Slob|
|Pat Buchanan||Pat "Buchenwald" Buchanan|
|Chris Matthews||Democrat Hack|
|John McCain||John McShame, The Pill|
|Meghan McCain||The Whiny Chick, Pill Jr.|
|Timothy Geithner||The Tax Cheat|
|Richard Durbin||Turban Durbin|
|Anita Dunn||Anita Dung|
|Janet Napolitano||Big Sis'|
|Newt Gingrich||The Go-PAC tick|
|Mike Huckabee||Mike Hucksterbee|
|John Boehner||"Cry Baby" Boehner, Pink Tie|
|Al Sharpton||Freddy's Fashion Mart|
|Kenneth Lewis||The Mad Hatter|
|Jamie Dimon||Jamie Demon, Jamie Diamond|
|Liberal Jews||Bagel and Lox Jews|
|Democratic Party||Democrat-Socialist Party of America|
|Liberal Republicans||Rockefeller Republicans|
|Pseudo-Conservatives||Check-pants Conservatives, Country club Conservatives|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Michael_Savage SourceWatch
- ↑ By Jeffrey T. Kuhner-The Washington Times 7:20 p.m., Thursday, May 26, 2011
- ↑ http://www.thesavagemichael.com/biography.html
- ↑ Talkers Magazine 100 Most Important Radio Talk Show Hosts in America, 2008
- ↑ http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2003-07-07-msnbc-fires-savage_x.htm MSNBC fires Michael Savage after anti-gay comments
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdtw-WDSzzI
- ↑ Monday, June 25 2007, "The Savage Nation," 750 KPRC (Houston).
- ↑ World Net Daily Bio on Michael Savage
- ↑ Michael Savage Bio at Nopac Talent
- ↑ http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=97127
- ↑ http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=97134
- ↑ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/election/article-1274495/UK-ELECTION-RESULTS-2010-Jacqui-Smith-expenses-scandal-MPs-lose-seats.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
- ↑ https://www.savageonlinestore.com/index.jsp
- ↑ http://www.amazon.com/Banned-Britain-Beating-Liberal-Blacklist/dp/1427642532
- ↑ http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/files/filesSavage/savageukletter.pdf
- ↑ http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=177961