The Brexit Party was founded in April 2019, and it grew very quickly. In May 2019, it received four members in the Welsh parliament after several Assembly Members defected from their respective parties. In five weeks of its creation, the Brexit Party's membership surpassed 100,000.
- Multiple references:
- Friedman, Victoria (April 12, 2019). Farage Launches Brexit Party to ‘Begin Political Revolution in UK’. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Murphy, James (April 15, 2019). Farage Launches New Brexit Party in Advance of EU Elections. The New American. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
- Murphy, James (May 14, 2019). Nigel Farage Reemerges as a Trump-like Force in British Politics. The New American. Retrieved May 14, 2019.
- Walker, Peter (May 15, 2019). Has the rise of the Brexit party blown away Ukip? The Guardian. Retrieved May 24, 2019.
- Markham, Joe (May 16, 2019). Brexit Party Secure Four Members of Welsh Assembly in Mass Defection. Breitbart News. Retrieved May 16, 2019.
- Montgomery, Jack (May 16, 2019). Farage’s Brexit Party Smashes 100,000 Registered Supporters Target, Aims to Pass Tory Party. Breitbart News. Retrieved May 16, 2019.