|U.S. Representative from Illinois's 3rd District|
From: January 3, 2005 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
Daniel William "Dan" Lipinski (born July 15, 1966) is the pro-life Democrat representing Illinois' 3rd congressional district. A member of the Blue Dog Coalition, Lipinski and Rep. Collin Peterson are considered to be the most conservative Democrats in the United States House of Representatives.
U.S. House of Representatives
2020 U.S. House election in Illinois
Pro-lifers have backed Lipinski amidst his upcoming 2020 re-election fight, including many pro-life Catholics. Disliked among liberals, Lipinski faced a primary challenged by the EMILY's List-backed pro-abortion progressive Marie Newman. Despite left-wing efforts to oust the representative, it is important to note that the Democrat establishment has favored incumbents over primary challengers in the upcoming 2020 U.S. House elections, something that would back Lipinski's re-election efforts. However, despite this, Lipinski ended up losing the Democrat primary to Newman by less than 3%.
- Illinois' 3rd Congressional District
- Last ‘pro-life’ House Democrat votes for extreme pro-abortion Equality Act
- How Illinois Representatives Voted On Impeachment Inquiry
- Two references:
- Liberals hope to finally oust anti-abortion Democrat
- Religious Sisters Back Pro-Abortion Primary Challenger to Rep. Lipinski
- Cheri Bustos takes on the new left
- ‘Last pro-life Democrat’ Rep. Dan Lipinski defeated by pro-abortion challenger