|Alma mater||University of Michigan Law School|
2020 U.S. House election in Michigan's 11th district
Esshaki announced in late October 2019 his bid for U.S. Congress to challenge in 2020 Haley Stevens, a left-wing Democrat elected in the 2018 midterms after lying about her record, as documents showed.
After Democrat governor of Michigan Gretchen Whitmer had enacted totalitarian policies that hindered Esshaki from being able to collect sufficient petition signatures for his name to appear on the primary ballot, the latter filed a lawsuit against Whitmer, Elections Director Jonathan Brater, and Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson. Around a month later in May 2020, Esshaki wrote an op-ed on Plymouth Voice declaring victory.
- Republican attorney announces campaign to challenge Haley Stevens
- Haley Stevens Campaign Ad U.S. House 2018 – Auto Rescue & Obamacare
- Haley “Deepfake” Stevens - NRCC
- U.S. House candidate sues over petition law amid COVID-19 pandemic
- I sued Governor Whitmer – and the Constitution won
- Michigan Primary Election Results: 11th Congressional District