|U.S. Representative from Michigan's 11th Congressional District|
From: January 3, 2019 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
Haley Maria Stevens (born June 24, 1983) is a U.S. representative from Michigan's 11th congressional district. She was elected in 2018, defeating Republican candidate Lena Epstein by roughly 23,000 votes.
Stevens tweeted a vile depiction of Donald Trump as the Grim Reaper on March 26, 2020, something that she admitted to doing and outright described as “funny for both sides” and “similar to what potus does”.
Steven's campaign in 2018 promised to lower healthcare prices and increase jobs. In addition, she was endorsed by the Human Rights Campaign, a gay "rights" activist group.
One of Steven's campaign ads stated that she was "chief of staff" in Obama's "auto rescue", despite Stevens actually only serving as a "confidential assistant".
Stevens is a liberal progressive who supports LGBT "rights", useless stimulus spending, gun control, and minors getting abortions without parental consent. A partisan shill, she sent out a meaningless tweet on March 26, 2020 calling President Trump a “mad man”.
Rep. Stevens is known for her erratic, high-tempered, and unpleasant personality.
THE NRA HAS GOT TO GO!!
While speaking at a town hall meeting held in a gun range, Stevens screamed: "THIS IS WHY THE NRA HAS GOT TO GO!!"
When asked on the rights of unborn children, Stevens bragged about co-sponsoring a bill to add background checks.
Screaming on House floor
While speaking on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives presided by Anthony Brown (D-MD) about the coronavirus, Stevens went past her allotted one minute that was yielded to her, prompting Brown to pound the gavel. Stevens, already agitated, began screaming without control, prompting Brown to yield an extra thirty seconds to her in the likewise manner of a parent pleasing a spoiled child.
Despite her campaign promises, Stevens has done nothing substantial to help job growth nor lower drug prices. Instead, she wastes time condemning Donald Trump's tweets and voting to impeach him.
According to a watchdog group, Stevens violated ethics rules by fundraising off of her rant on the House floor over the coronavirus.
- ↑ Michigan's 11th Congressional District election, 2018
- ↑ Ragnar on Twitter: "@..." (Warning: Subject matter is a vile parody)
- ↑ Press Release: “Haley Stevens Releases First Broadcast TV Ad”
- ↑ Human Rights Campaign Endorses Haley Stevens for Congress
- ↑ Democratic U.S. House Candidate Haley Stevens Lies About Resume To Deceive Voters
- ↑ Haley Stevens on the Issues
- ↑ Haley Stevens on Twitter:
- ↑ Radical Rep. Haley Stevens, "The NRA has got to go!"
- ↑ Rep. Haley Stevens Awkwardly Explains How Background Checks Stop Infanticide
- ↑ Multiple references:
- ↑ H Res 489 - Condemning President Trump's Racist Comments Directed at Members of Congress - National Key Vote
- ↑ H Res 755 - Impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors - National Key Vote
- ↑ Multiple references:
- Haley Stevens slapped with ethics complaint
- Watchdog argues Michigan Dem violated House ethics rules by fundraising off controversial floor speech photo
- Just In: Democrat Congresswoman Rocked With House Ethics Violations, Michigan’s Rep. Haley Stevens Stands Accused
- Ethics watchdog: Freshman Democrat's fundraising email violated House rules
Profile at the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress